Saturday, September 5, 2009

Center of the Plate- Thursday 9/3/09

Hey ya'll! Why didn't I blog on Thursday? I really don't know. My bad. Anyway, so class was good. And I actually got to work with people that were willing to work, and i got to do something other than make sauce! We worked with beef. I THINK it was beef tenderloin. I think. My group made steak fajitas! It was DELICIOUS! If we had enough time, it would have been even MORE delicious. I had to take off the silver skin and cut up the steak, then make the rub. The rub had garlic that I chopped up, salt, pepper, cumin, and onion powder i believe. I rubbed it all on the meat, and put it in the fridge to marinade for about 20 mins. The recipe in my book said 1 hour, but we didn't have time. So, then while that was marinading, I put some water to boil for rice. Put the rice in with a bit of salt, and then about 10 mins before the rice was all done, we put in some fresh cilantro that my classmate chopped. For those of you who know what Chipotle is (the best burrito place EVER) that is what is in their rice... cilantro. So when the meat was done marinading, I put it on the griddle with sliced onions and red bell pepper. It didn't take long, maybe about 10 mins. We only had 2 tortilla's though, so my classmate cut them into 6 beautiful small tortillas. My other classmate that I was working with made pico de gallo. So yes, we had a good night! 

Well folks, I'm off. We are going up to Cripple Creek in a little while and staying the night. I'm excited! Wish me luck that I win big! Or at least win SOMETHING lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment