Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chicken Curry 08/02/09

Hey ya'll. Dinner tonight was great! I haven't made this since I was about 19 or 20. This is going to be kind of botched because I've already thrown away the jar that the curry sauce was in. It was a medium sized jar. I am posting late because I had to give Bella a bath. That was some kindsa messy lol! Do you know how hard it is to give a 6 month old puppy that weighs about 65 to 70 pounds, with a really thick coat a bath? Yea, it's a bit difficult lol. And I brushed her teeth. She really likes Colgate. LoL, just kidding! We have doggy toothpaste (chicken flavored!) Anyway, on to the food!

I used 2 fairly large boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
1 medium sized can of Patak's Curry Sauce (it would be the size that calls for 1 pound of chicken)

Cut the chicken into cubes, cook it until it's cooked thoroughly (doesn't take long, since it's small cubes). Then add the entire jar of Curry Sauce. It says simmer for 15 minutes, but I just put it on medium low for 15 mins, then on LOW for about another 20 or 30 minutes (until my mom got home). 

Serve it over rice. I cooked the rice that you put in the water, bring it to a boil, cover it and let it stand about 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. So I started it about 20 minutes before I was ready to eat. (I like to let it set longer to be sure that all the water is absorbed!)

I also cooked broccoli as the veggie. It's weird. I don't usually like broccoli. Sometimes i despise it, and other times, like tonight, I crave it. Weird! 

But yes, that was dinner. It is a meal that can be done in 30 to 35 minutes (that includes cutting the chicken), but I prolonged it to wait for my mom to get home from work. But yes, it was cery delicious! :-D Alrighty folks, goodnight and good eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment