Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Late Night Chocolate Chip Cookies (1:30 am 07/29/2009)

Hey ya'll! So I can't sleep and I got a sudden urge to bake. So I decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies. I'm not gonna eat any tonight, but I just felt like baking them. What kind of southern girl would I be if I didn't have cookies in the cookie jar? Right? 

So here is what I did:
 1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 TBSP butter, softened
1 cup Ghirardelli chocolate chips (the slightly bigger kind)
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (but I used 3/4 tsp of vanilla that my mom got from Mexico. You don't need as much)
2 eggs
1/2 cup confectioners (powdered) sugar

Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
Cream butter and sugar in mixer. 
Add eggs, flour mixture and chocolate chips.
Mix with a large spoon until well blended. 

Cover with saran-wrap and put in freezer until firm (I would say for about 20 to 25 minutes)
Make small balls (about 1 inch). Roll in confectioners sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10 to 15 minutes. After 10 minutes I left them in for about 5, 1 minute intervals until they were done. 

Alrighty folks, that is my late night baking blog lol. Good night and good eating (tomorrow :) )

4 comments: