Monday, July 27, 2009

Another kind of oven-fried chicken. MMM! 07/27/2009

Hey ya'll. I'm back to cooking! YAY! Tonight dinner was awesome. I cooked a bit later than I typically would because I spent all day cleaning the kitchen raw lol. It gets so hot here, that I have to have the windows and backdoor open, so all these little annoying flies get in if I don't keep the kitchen in tip-top shape! I don't like flies! So, gotta keep the kitchen up to parr! As always, as I was cleaning, Bella was barking lol!!! She HATES the broom! As I was sweeping she was going crazy! She didn't even go that crazy while I was vacuuming. I KNOW! Dogs hate vacuums! Now that our vacuum is fixed (it was broken and wasn't sucking up) the carpet looks a lot better lol and the rug looks great! I love a clean house! Mess is such a stress-maker. Bella attacks the swiffer, but I didn't swiffer today. I used a good ole mop. She didn't have a problem with that lol. I guess because that doesn't make any noise. Anyhoo, on to the food!

The chicken!!!!
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups flour (season with salt, pepper, T.C. and garlic powder, to taste)
Egg Wash: 2 eggs, add about 1/4 cup of milk, mix very well.  add a little bit of salt and pepper
1 package (not box, package) of crushed up saltines
1 stick of mozzarella string cheese
1/4 of a jalapeno, chopped finely 

Put each chicken breast (one at a time) between 2 big pieces of saran-wrap. Make sure all the edges are stuck together and sealed well. Take a meat mallet and pound the chicken pretty thin (using a smooth side, not point side). Peel top layer of saran wrap off. Place half of the stick of cheese at the edge of the chicken. Sprinkle half of the chopped of jalapeno around the cheese. Season the upside of the chicken with salt, pepper and T.C. just to taste. Roll the chicken, and then tuck the ends under. (Repeat with 2nd piece of chicken)

Place both on a plate and put in the fridge for about 10 or 15 mins (to let it set so it doesn't all come apart.)

While chicken is in the fridge, put the flour in a medium size bowl. The egg wash in another kinda smaller, but deep bowl, and the crushed saltines in a medium size bowl. 

When chicken is set, roll in the flour, then drench in egg wash, then roll in the crackers until completely covered. Place on a greased oven pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. 

It was so wonderfully yummy, tender and juicy! I also cooked some spaghetti noodles and put butter on them. I also steamed some corn on the cob. There were 4 tiny corn on the cobs in a bag that you just steam in the microwave for about 6 1/2 minutes. 

It was all so wonderful. The only fattening part would have been the butter. So it was yummy food, with not a lot of "nastiness" that most of the food you have seen me cook lol! 

So folks, try it. It's de-LISH-US! :-D Good night and good eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment