Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Brown Sugar Honey Glazed Ham and Au gratin potatoes 7/15/2009

Hey ya'll! First of all, thank you to all the people that have followed my blog so far! It's greatly appreciated! Again today, I didn't cook anything extravagant. Long day. Went to the hospital to see Erika and her new baby, Emma Rayne. I couldn't see her up close because she was 4 weeks early (thought it was 3, but it's 4), and she is in NICU. Tiny little thing with really dark hair. Adorable. 

On to the food...

1 salt cured ham (not a HUGE ham...about medium size)
about 1/4 cup of honey
break apart about 2 tbsp brown sugar (more or less, whatever you prefer.) Again, Im more of a "wing-it" kinda girl. 

Add brown sugar to honey, mix until well mixed (who woulda thunk it, right?), to make the glaze. Brush the glaze liberally all over the ham. (Make more if you need to). Place ham on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour. 

Remove ham from the oven.

Again, I cheated at the Au Gratin Potatoes. (you will notice that I am a potato fanatic.)
Used a box of Au Gratin Potatoes. They are pretty much all the same, so choose your favorite brand and follow the directions. In this case, I had to bake them for 30 to 35 mins at 400 degrees. So just crank up the heat, let the oven get to 400, stick the potatoes in. After 30 minutes, I put the ham back in the oven and cooked it, along with the potatoes, for another 3 minutes. And, as usual, Bella was laying at the edge of the kitchen just hoping to get a chance to sneak a bite of something lol. 

I decided to play with her a little bit while the ham was baking. She does not like the vacuum, the broom or the Swiffer. She especially HATES that Swiffer. She could be laying outside by the backdoor (which is by the kitchen), and if I start to sweep, she will run in and bark uncontrollably at it. If I put the broom by her face, she will bite it. But the Swiffer...WOAH! If I am swiffering, she will run up to it and attack it, like try to take it away from me. She doesn't like when we clean the floors lol. Just thought I would add that little tid bit in there. I think it's cute. 

Anyhoo...Simple, easy, and yummy. Not the healthiest meal in the world, but hey, this isn't Chasity Falgout Health Food Blog LOL! Hmmm, probably SHOULD be, buuuut... :)

Again, another late blog entry. Just about time for bed. Oh, who am I kidding? I always stay up late. Nice thought though! Enjoy! Good night and good eating.

2 comments: