Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Simple Dinner for Kids

Hey ya'll! Well, today my best friend Erika had her baby! She was a few weeks early so I was at her house watching their already 4 kids, so I made dinner for them. It was nothing big, just burgers and mac'n'cheese. I cheated though...it was BOXED mac'n'cheese. I know, I know! lol. The downside is that I didn't get to spend any time with my Bella today. But that's okay, Erika had a baby girl. She was 5lbs 6 oz. She is doing just fine :). At least she is okay! 

On to the food!

Homemade Burgers (not frozen pre-made!)

1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup of finely chopped onions
salt, freshly ground pepper, tony chachere's, and seasoned salt to taste.

Mix it all up, slap it into a patty and put it in the pan! (grilled is always better, but this is what I had to work with. Still turned out really good.)

Then the good ole box mac'n'cheese. 

Like I said, nothing fancy. But it was for the kiddos. And it was a very quick and easy meal. Took MAYBE 20 minutes at the very most! 

I am about to make a Crawfish stew for my mom to take to work tomorrow. She works in the ER at one of the hospitals here in Colorado Springs, and sometimes they do potlucks. But it's all good. I love to cook. I don't mind being up til probably almost 1 am cooking. (I really don't mind it. I love it!) I will either post my blog about the stew tonight or in the morning sometime. Gotta go to the hospital tomorrow to see Erika and the baby!

Alrighty ya'll.  Good night and good eating! 

1 comment: