Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fried Pork Chops and Buttered Noodles 7/16/2009

Hey ya'll! Again tonight, nothing extraordinary. But it was really good! I don't like pork chops, but I thought what they hey! I'll do this anyway! And it turned out really quite delicious! Alrighty, before I start watching one of the best movies ever, let me blog :)

I cooked 2 pork chops (one for me and one for mom)
After I defrosted the pork chops,  i seasoned them with salt, pepper, and Tony Chachere's to taste, covered them in plastic wrap and let them sit for about 15 minutes. 

Put one cup of cooking oil in a cast iron skillet, and heat on medium-high heat. 
Meanwhile:
In a plastic baggie (a big one) I put about 1/2 cup of flour, salt and pepper to taste and Tony Chachere's to taste. (those are my seasonings that go in EVERYTHING...well not sweet stuff lol)
Then I put one pork chop in at a time and shake it around until it is fully coated with the flour mixture. When the oil is really hot, shake excess flour off of the pork chops and place them in the oil. Fry about 5 minutes on each side. The inside should be white (but pork has a tiny hint of pink, but not much). 

Before heating the oil, I put some egg noodles to boil in salted water. When they are tender, drain them and serve them with butter. 

I cooked green beans as well. Most people might think that I'm crazy, but I prefer canned green beans rather than frozen green beans. 

Another simple dinner, but it was one of my favorite dinners growing up. The only thing missing was the oven toasted french bread with butter on it.

And then for dessert I made a simple cake. Again, not from scratch tonight. I baked the bake (in 2 8 inch round pans). While it was cooling I made some instant chocolate pudding. When it was completely cooled, I just plopped em' about of the pans and spread a liberal layer of pudding between them. 

Well folks, that's all! Goodnight and good eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment