Monday, July 20, 2009

Salad with Chicken :) 07/20/2009

Hey ya'll! Tonight was the simplest meal so far! But it was delicious. I have been craving salad like crazy! And this morning my mom suggested that we have something light tonight, such as a salad. That sounded great since it was quick and easy and I had lots to do to register for classes! Which I am VERY excited about by the way. The culinary class that I'll be taking this semester is called Center of the Plate. It's just another good ole cooking class. And I am taking my 4th semester of French!!! YAY! I'm really quite excited! Only gonna go part time because I have to get a job! Ya'll keep your fingers crossed that I do get to work at Noodles and Company again! It's the best job in the world! Alrighty, on to the food!!!

1 chicken breast
Cook it in a cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Once it looks well cooked on the outside (it probably will not be cooked on the inside), cut into long slices. Cook the slices until they are white :). Then cut the slices into halves. 

Now, you can make the salad however you like, but this is how I made it. It was for just my mom and myself. So add more of everything (including chicken) if you are feeding more. 

I put ice-burg lettuce, cut up some celery and sliced 2 hard boiled eggs. Then I put the cut up chicken on top and mixed it all together. 

I like very simple salads. I don't like tomatoes, onions, peppers or any of that on my salad. I like cucumbers on my salad, but I didn't have any tonight. 

I also baked some crescent rolls! YUM! I LOVE crescent rolls! 

So yes, that was dinner tonight! I had peppercorn ranch dressing. My mom had raspberry vinaigrette. 

Alrighty folks, that's all! Goodnight and good eating! :)

1 comment:

  1. I had peppercorn ranch sunchips today. They were DEEEELISH.

    ReplyDelete